“Only a skilled and competitive workforce can help achieve this ambitious target. India’s youth need to be armed with the right mindsets and with tomorrow’s skillsets to be able to drive us towards the target. Corporate India and the world is craving for multi-skilled individuals who can contribute effectively today and tomorrow.
It is the marriage of relevant domain skills, soft skills and digital skills, that arms an individual with the ability to contribute to the building of the country’s ever-evolving GDP, and can also help themselves with their personal growth.”
1. We expect the budget to provide a lot of emphasis on skill-building among the youth in conjunction with their formal education degrees through increase investment in Skilling within education
2. Possible Exemption from GST as this will help reduction of incidence on the learners
3. Learning one skill along with formal education as a mandatory requirement
4. Other tax breaks which would help organisations bring the best quality Skilling courses for the youth from across the world and also tax sops that will incentivise organisations to provide overseas jobs to skilled manpower
5. Making Skill Certifications mandatory for specific job roles
~Written by Mr. Girish Singahnia, CEO, EduBridge