APN News

  • Thursday, July, 2022| Today's Market | Current Time: 06:37:09
  • Children’s Airway & Swallowing Centre (CASC), Manipal Hospitals Launches First-of-its-kind Paediatric Airway & Tracheostomy Safety Module

    The Children’s Airway & Swallowing Centre (CASC) is the only one of its kind in the whole of Asia and Africa. It is an interdisciplinary centre of excellence managing complex airway and swallowing disorders of newborns and infants for the last 2 decades. The Paediatric Airway & Tracheostomy Safety (PATS) module is an extension of […]

    Thousands of Blood Cancer patients are in dire need of Matching blood stem cell Donors

    Blood stem cell transplant is often the only life-saving treatment option for blood cancer patients Only 30% patient in need of a stem cell transplant find a match in their family; the rest 70% have to find an unrelated matching donor Only five lakh Indians are registered as potential blood stem cell donors, which is […]

    A High-Risk open-heart surgery (Norwood Operation) conducted on One-hour-old newborn at Fortis Hospital

    ~ This Condition Is Rare and reported in One in Ten thousand live Births; Surgery lasted for more than 6 hours ~ ~ A High-Risk open-heart surgery (Norwood Operation) was conducted after the Fetal Echo showed a rare and critical congenital heart defect,5 Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) ~ Chennai: In an extremely rare case, […]

    Pre-term, weighing 900 gm. and a heart defect – medical science and mother’s love come together at Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital to give new life to baby

    A mother had lost her 12-year old child in an accident and it was after many years that a ray of happiness broke through the shadows of sorrow when she became pregnant again at the age of 50 years. Baby Ganesh was born preterm with a low birthweight of just 900 grams and a congenital […]

    ASG Eye Hospitals expands into Mumbai with launch of world-class eye hospital at Dombivli

     ~ Opens two new facilities in Mumbai and Mysore to take number of advanced speciality eye hospitals in the ASG network to 50 ~ ~ The new facility at Dombivli is the fifth ASG Eye Hospital in Maharashtra ~ Mumbai : ASG Eye Hospitals, India’s leading eye hospital chain today opened its first facility in […]

    Tamil Nadu Govt. Multi – Super Speciality Hospital, Chennai performs first ever Robotic Assisted Surgery (RAS) by a State Govt. hospital in India

    Hon’ble Chief Minister of Tamilnadu, Mr. M.K. Stalin had inaugurated the installation of Da Vinci Robotic Assisted Surgery system, and Advanced Robotic Surgery Centre at Multi Super Speciality hospital, Omandurar Estate, earlier this year Further to the installation, Dr R Vimala, Director-TN Govt. Multi Super speciality hospital and Dr L Parthasarathy, Chief anaesthetist organised an […]

    EMERGENZ 2022, India’s largest emergency conclave started

    EMERGENZ 2022, the largest Emergency Conclave in Asia, being organised by Aster MIMS Kozhikode, started at various places in Malabar region. The pre-conference workshop on ‘Neonatal Resuscitation Program: a workshop teaching Emergency Life Saving concepts for Newborns’ was held at Aster MIMS Kozhikode and ‘Rhythm – Practical ECG Workshop; at Kottakal Aster MIMS on Wednesday […]

    Doctors used rare plasmapheresis treatment on 40-year-old epileptic patient to save his life

    First case of successful plasmapheresis of an epileptic patient at Paras Hospital, Gurugram The patient had never before experienced epilepsy          His brain was getting damaged and his respiration was deteriorating as well Only 200 cases of successful plasmapheresis have been reported worldwide to date Gurugram : In a rare case, doctors at Paras Hospitals in […]

    Medica, the first hospital in Kolkata to use Rotapro Atherectomy Device for treating Triple Vessel Disease

    Medica Group of Hospitals, the largest private hospital chain in Eastern India, at its flagship facility Medica Superspecialty Hospital in Kolkata cured a 70-year-old gentleman suffering from triple vessel disease (it is an extreme form of coronary artery disease (CAD). It develops when the major blood vessels supplying the heart become damaged or diseased) with […]

    Doctors at Kamineni Hospitals conduct critical Lung Removal surgery to give new lease of life to young mother

    Hyderabad : Surgeons at Kamineni Hospitals, LB Nagar, performed a complex Lung Removal surgery to save the life of a housewife and young mother of two children aged 3 years and 1 year. Neha Fatima, 24, was brought to the hospital with a complaint of recurrent blood in the sputum. After performing investigations, she was […]