APN News

  • Monday, September, 2021| Today's Market | Current Time: 12:07:34
  • Hilton Worldwide To Develop First Hilton Hotels & Resorts Property in Yuxi, Yunnan, China

    Published on July 19, 2011

    MCLEAN, Va. and SHANGHAI – Hilton Worldwide today announced the signing of a management agreement with Yunnan Chengjiang Great Eagle Resort Co., Ltd. for the first Hilton Hotels & Resorts hotel in Yuxi city, Yunnan Province, China. Comprising 350 rooms, Hilton Yuxi Fuxian Lake Resort is scheduled to open in 2013. It will also mark Hilton Worldwide’s entry into central Yunnan Province, the top tourist destination in China.

    Martin Rinck, president, Asia Pacific, Hilton Worldwide, said, “As a popular getaway destination for domestic travelers, Yunnan Province is experiencing a growing demand for quality, upscale accommodation options. With its scenic location, comprehensive facilities and the Hilton signature services, we are confident that Hilton Yuxi Fuxian Lake Resort will be a great choice for local, intra-regional and international travelers.”

    “With more than 20 years of brand presence in the Chinese market, Hilton has become one of the most recognised hotel brands in the country. We look forward to showcasing the best of our leisure offerings in Yuxi city of Yunnan Province,” said Dave Horton, global head of Hilton Hotels & Resorts.

    Yunnan Chengjiang Great Eagle Resort Co., Ltd. is a vehicle company, 90 percent held by Yunan Chengtou Huashang Zhijia Development and investment Co., Ltd. Huashang has a registered capital of RMB 200 million. The remaining 10 percent is held by Mission Hill China Co., Ltd., which specializes in city infrastructure, residences, commercial and tourism real estate development across the country.

    Mr. XU Lei, Chairman of Yunnan Chengjiang Great Eagle Resort Co. Ltd. said, “As the top real estate developer in Yunnan Province, Chengjiang Great Eagle Resort Co., Ltd. also has considerable hotel development experience as we own four international branded hotels. We believe that the Hilton Yuxi Fuxian Lake Resort will bring mutual benefits to the two parties in the long run and help in the development of the local tourism sector in Yuxi.”

    Hilton Yuxi Fuxian Lake Resort will be located at the northeast bank of Fuxian Lake, enjoying stunning views of Fuxian Lake in the front, and small hills, which will be developed into golf courses at the back. Fuxian Lake is one of the lakes with the best water quality among the inland freshwater lakes of China and is called the Pearl of the Plateau in Yunnan. Yunnan Provincial Party Committee and Provincial Government have positioned Fuxian Lake as a world-class tourist destination and as a high-end tourism platform, connecting the new Yunnan and Big Kunming Area with the rest of China and South-East Asia.

    Andrew Clough, senior vice president, development, Middle East & Asia Pacific, Hilton Worldwide, said, “We are excited to be able to announce the addition of Hilton Yuxi Fuxian Lake Resort to add to our rapidly growing portfolio of dedicated resorts in China. The addition of resort hotels to our estate in China is a keen focus of Hilton Worldwide in China and is seen to be tremendously complimentary to our fast growing city centre hotel business and presents a wonderful opportunity to extend the product mix of Hilton Hotels & Resorts.”

    Hilton Worldwide currently operates 17 hotels and resorts under four brands in China: Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts and DoubleTree by Hilton. It also has more than 80 properties under various stages of development across its portfolio of brands in China.