ATTLEBORO, BROCKTON, EASTON, HALIFAX, KINGSTON, NEW BEDFORD, NORTON, PLYMOUTH, QUINCY, SOUTH EASTON: North Easton Savings Bank recently announced the launch of its fourth “A World for Good” community nonprofit voting campaign.
Throughout these campaigns, North Easton Savings Banks encourages their customers and community members to vote at https://www.aworldforgood.com/a/northeastonsavingsbank-4 for one of the six selected local organizations, each nominated by their supporters and volunteers. At the end of January, the votes will be tallied with a correlating percentage of $5,000 distributed to each organization.
Beneficiaries of the fourth campaign include:
- Halifax VFW (Halifax) – the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States is a nonprofit veterans service organization comprised of eligible veterans and military service members from the active, guard, and reserve forces.
- Hugs for Mito, Inc. (South Easton) – an organization formed to help mitochondrial disease and rare disease patients and their families cope and navigate serious illness and disability.
- NeighborWorks Housing Solutions (Brockton, Kingston, New Bedford and Quincy) – the leading housing service provider in southern Massachusetts that builds and manages homes for people in need as well as provides a wide range of housing services, including foreclosure prevention counseling, home rehabilitation loans and grants, financial coaching, and first-time homebuyer workshops.
- New Hope (Attleboro) – an organization that works throughout south central and southeastern Massachusetts with those affected by domestic and sexual violence. By building an anti-violence movement, they seek to create communities free from violence, where individuals and families are able to achieve their full human potential.
- South Shore Community Action Council (Plymouth) – a private nonprofit organization providing a range of critical services to low-income individuals and families on the South Shore.
- Winslow Farm Animal Awareness (Norton) – a nonprofit charitable organization devoted to the rescue and care of abandoned and mistreated animals.
This campaign commenced on December 16, 2020, and runs through January 31, 2021. Previous campaigns supported include We Do Care, Plymouth Task Force to End Homelessness, School on Wheels Massachusetts, Brockton Neighborhood Health Center, Community VNA, Nathan Hale Foundation and Three Harts Farm, the Taunton Area Community Table, Coaching4Change, The Literacy Center, West Side Benevolent Circle, Plymouth Area Coalition, Easton Wings of Hope, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Plymouth, Animal Protection Center of Southeastern Massachusetts, Shane Gives Thanks, Inc. Food Pantry, Greater Brockton YouthWorks, Sunshine Farm Sanctuary, and Attleboro Area School to Career Partnership.
“We are excited to launch our fourth ‘A World for Good’ community voting campaign,” said Rich Spencer, president and CEO of North Easton Savings Bank. “Our communities are fortunate to have such committed individuals that invest themselves in supporting their neighbors. We are honored to be able to support these amazing local organizations and outreach efforts.”