APN News

  • Tuesday, June, 2019| Today's Market | Current Time: 06:14:44
  • Probe ordered into police lapses in child rape case: HM

    Published on April 22, 2013

    sHINDE_1391901eAmidst strong protests over the rape and brutality meted out to a five-year-old girl here, government on Monday said an inquiry has been ordered into the lapses on part of police to investigate her disappearance and attempt to hush up the matter.

    Making a suo motu statement in the Lok Sabha, Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde gave details of the incident in Gandhi Nagar area of East Delhi on April 15 and the investigations conducted so far.

    He said the Station House Officer (SHO) and the Investigating Officer (IO) have been placed under suspension taking note of the lapses in the investigation.

    “The Joint CP (Vigilance) has been asked to conduct an inquiry. The Jt CP (Vigilance) shall also enquire into the allegation that the local police paid some money to the father of the victim to hush up the case,” Shinde said in the statement which was laid in the House.

    The victim’s parents had alleged that some police personnel had offered them Rs 2,000 and told them to keep quiet over the issue.

    Shinde said two accused have been arrested in connection with the case.

    Medical examination of the first accused, arrested from Muzaffarpur district of Bihar on April 19, has been conducted for DNA, he said.

    The accused is presently under judicial custody.

    Loading...