APN News

  • Saturday, December, 2022| Today's Market | Current Time: 08:42:20
  • The award is in recognition of the Foundation’s holistic contributions in the field of Quality

    Bangalore  : Sankara Eye Foundation India, the Not for Profit organization committed to provide quality eye care services to the marginalized sections of the society, has been recognised with prestigious Quality Champion Platinum Award from the Quality Control of India(QCI). The Award was presented by Sh. Adil Zainulbhai, Chairman QCI to Dr. R.V. Ramani, Founder and Managing Trustee- Sankara Eye Foundation on the occasion of 25 years of QCI. Sh. Piyush Goyal, Hon. Minister of Commerce & Industry also marked his presence on the occasion.

    This award is in recognition of the Foundation’s significant and holistic contributions in the field of Quality, for providing best-in class quality eye care treatment in the country, cutting across economic and social disparities.

    On receiving the Award & Recognition, Dr. R.V. Ramani, Founder and Managing Trustee, Sankara Eye Foundation, said, ‘Quality is synonymous with pursuit of excellence. We at Sankara Eye Foundation India, through all our Hospitals across the nation have been constantly infusing quality consciousness in the minds of every single Employee of Team Sankara. It is not only high volume, but it is high quality eye care to all, irrespective of their socio-economic conditions. Quality need not be compromised in the name of Charity.  Being recognised with the coveted “Quality Champion Award” from the prestigious Quality Council of India is indeed an honor and privilege for us’.

    The Foundation practices the 80:20 model, wherein 80% of the beneficiaries are the rural poor who receive totally free eye care whereas the rest of the 20% are the affordable section of the society, who pay for their treatment, thereby making the institution self-sustaining. Through the “Gift of Vision” initiative, Sankara Eye Foundation have so far conducted over 2.3 million free eye surgeries and screened over 5.7 million people for better visual outcomes.

    Sankara Eye Foundation constantly monitors and evaluates its performance to ensure that everyone gets unmatched treatment without compromise on quality and to provide cost effective, readily available world-class eye care treatment at the doorsteps of rural India.

    SEE COMMENTS

    Leave a Reply