Hyderabad : Union Bank of India today, announced its special initiative to empower the under-privileged on 153rd Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. The Bank’s special initiative was carried out from 15th September – 1st October that aimed to promote Financial Inclusion, extend Social Security, provide affordable Banking services, easy loan access and extend social wellness.
This unique social responsibility initiative addressed the cause of helping the needy based on the principles of clean surroundings, good health and inclusive services.
Under Financial inclusion Bank provided various facilities to Customers:
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana.
- Financial assistance to Self-Help Groups (SHGs) among the Rural community.
- Assistance by way of Kisan Credit Card under Debt Swap.
- QR Code distribution for Street Venodrs.
- Mudra Loans.
With this special drive Union Bank of India provided support to more than 10 lacs Customers through PMJDY, SHGs, Mudra Loans.
Further, on the occasion, Bank also announced:
- Construction of 250 toilet blocks for schools (specially for girl child) and 100 toilet blocks for House Holds in Rural/Semi-Urban areas across India.
- Provided essential items of daily need to orphanages and old age homes across Regions.
Speaking on the occasion, A. Manimekhalai, MD & CEO of Union Bank of India remarked, “We are committed to the cause of providing financial assistance to all the sections of the society. Our endeavor is to be a key enabler for financial inclusion and upliftment of the people at the bottom of the pyramid”