- Existing and prospective customers will have a unique opportunity to experience the all-new Volkswagen Virtus across its 18 showrooms in the State of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh before the market launch in India
- Pan India exclusive previews of the Virtus for customers commenced on 14th May and will be organized across all 152 Volkswagen dealerships till 08 June 2022
- Fulfilling the commitment for the Indian market: With the launch of the Virtus scheduled for 9th June 2022, the Volkswagen brand will successfully complete the India 2.0 Project
- The new sedan is the brand’s second product under the India 2.0 Project that is built on the renowned MQB A0 IN platform, portraying an emotional design language, striking exteriors, premium interiors, safety, and connectivity features
- Big by Design: The Volkswagen Virtus is the longest car in the premium midsize sedan segment, offering impeccable roominess and comfort to customers with cabin & boot space of 521 litres
- Big by Connectivity: The sedan is equipped with a host of technology, connectivity, and entertainment features that will appeal and impress the aspirational Indian customers
- Big by Performance: Powered by the brand’s globally renowned and award-winning TSI technology, the Virtus is available in the Dynamic and Performance line with two engines and three transmission options
- Big by Comfort: Equipped with ventilated front seats, smart touch Climatronic AC, cooled glove box, the Virtus is all set to make the journey of every occupant even more comfortable
- Safety is the top-most priority for Volkswagen, the New Volkswagen Virtus is equipped with 40+ active and passive safety features with up to 6 airbags and a reverse camera
- The Virtus is available in six vibrant colors: Wild Cherry Red, Carbon Steel Grey, Reflex Silver, Curcuma Yellow, Candy White, and Rising Blue
Hyderabad – Enabling customers to experience the all-new Virtus, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India organizes the exclusive preview of its striking, exhilarating, German-engineered, new global sedan across its 18 showrooms in the State of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. The Virtus is the second product from the brand, under the India 2.0 project, which will be launched in the Indian market on 9th June 2022. The initiative takes the brand a step closer towards completing the India 2.0 Project.
Through these previews, customers across these two States of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh will get an exclusive opportunity to experience the Virtus before its market launch. Along with the carline, customers will also witness a unique Volkswagen experience of its new brand design language that is more vibrant, modern, inviting, digitally connected and humane; digitalized solutions that enhance accessibility and convenience.
Commenting on the announcement, Mr. Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, “We are elated to host an exclusive preview of the all-new Virtus in the IT Hub ‘Hyderabad’ which is an important market for Volkswagen India in the Southern region. It is exciting to present the New Volkswagen Virtus to our customers, enabling them to have a first-hand experience of our brand-new offering in the premium midsize sedan segment before its scheduled market launch for 9th June 2022. The Volkswagen Virtus is striking inside-out and provides a unique combination of style, comfort and sheer elegance which surely will impress our customers in the region.”
The New Virtus embodies a dynamic and emotional design language of a Volkswagen and is built on the core DNA of the brand that stands for superior build quality, safety, and fun-to-drive experience. The new sedan is built on the MQB A0 IN Platform with up to 95% localization levels. The flexibility of the platform enabled the new sedan to be the longest car in the segment (4,561 mm) with cabin and boot space (521 litres), truly making it – Big by design.
Along with striking exteriors and premium interiors, the Virtus comes equipped with a host of technology, entertainment, and connectivity features such as the 20.32 cm digital cockpit, 25.65 cm large touchscreen infotainment system with wireless App Connect through Apple CarplayTM and Android AutoTM, KESSY (key less entry and engine start), an electric sunroof, smart-touch Climatronic AC, 8-speakers with immersive sound as standard, wireless mobile charging, front ventilated seats, MyVolkswagen Connect App and many more that will appeal and impress the aspirational Indian customer. Safety being the top priority at Volkswagen, the new sedan offers 40+ active and passive safety features, including up to 6 airbags, a reverse camera, Electronic Stability Control (ESC), multi-collision brakes, hill-hold control, seamlessly integrated LED headlamps with LED DRLs, ISOFIX among other features.
The carline is a true marvel of German engineering and is offered in the 1.5L TSI EVO engine with Active Cylinder Technology (ACT) and 1.0L TSI engine both equipped with idle Start/Stop and mated to a 6-speed manual, 6-speed automatic torque converter or 7-speed DSG transmission option.
The New Virtus will be available in vibrant and exciting exterior colors such as the Wild Cherry Red, Carbon Steel Grey, Reflex Silver, Curcuma Yellow, Candy White and Rising Blue.
Customers can pre-book the Volkswagen Virtus across the 152 sales touchpoints in India and, through the online booking platform on the Volkswagen India website.